Similar to the analysis fields, you can group products into different categories for analysis and reporting purposes.
Setting up categories at product level allows you to quickly identify trends in sales and profit. Using Cascade50 this becomes far faster and more accessible using data visualisation.
In contrast, the analysis fields give you 3 separate factors to categorise. In the case of product categories, you have the option to add a product to a single category.
We would recommend grouping products e.g. into tool equipment, using the spanners example on the previous page.
Enter your product category names
Before you use the product categories you should enter your category names in the configuration editor:
- On the menu bar click Settings, click Configuration then click Products.
- Under Product Categories, click the category number you want to use, then click Edit.
- Enter a name for the category, click OK, click Apply then click Close.
Assign a product to a category
- On the navigation bar click Products and services, double-click the required product record.
- In the Category drop-down, click the required category, click Save, then click Close.