Setting up web analysis fields allows you to group distinct product categories inside Sage 50 without having to export the data into Excel.
For example: if you sell spanners and sockets, you might want to group the products into the following categories:
ANALYSIS 1 – Spanners or Sockets
ANALYSIS 2 – Size of Spanners or Sockets (e.g. 13m)
ANALYSIS 3 – Brand Name
Using web analysis fields to categorise products in this way will enable
- Analyse the size of both spanners and sockets combined on their
- Get the split between spanners and sockets
- Quickly Identify between brands.
All of these fields are valuable distinctions when trying to categorise and report on the fly and are a good tool for understanding your product mix, sales patterns and trends.
How to enter web analysis fields:
- Login to Sage and select "Products and services" from the left-hand menu
- Open a product record by selecting a product and pressing "Edit" from the top bar.
- Access the "Web" tab from the left-hand menu
How-to insert custom fields in Sage 50 video (skip to 1:36):
Changing the names of your Product Fields:
To help with consistency, it is possible in Sage 50 to rename the title of your product fields. Rather than it just being called Field 1,2 and 3. These can be edited by:
- Logging in to Sage and select "Settings" from the top bar and select "Configuration" and click "Yes" to close all other open windows
- In the "Configuration Editor" menu select the "Products" tab. On this tab you will find the areas for "Product Custom Fields"