Using the 3 analysis fields you can quickly and easily categorise your customers and suppliers and generate reports on your own terms on specific segments.
For example: If you run a wholesale business with a number of sales reps, you can use the customer analysis fields to allocate customers to specific sales reps. As a result, you can report and crucially categorise and segment sales in the business by sales rep. This can either be displayed using paper reporting direct within Sage 50 or graphically on the go using the filter bar in Cascade50.
As an example for this business, customers could be categorised by:
Custom Field 1 – Sales Rep (e.g. Graham, Malcolm, Timothy)
Custom Field 2 – Type of Customer (e.g. Trade, Wholesale, Direct, Cash)
Custom Field 3 – Payment Method (e.g. Cash, Bacs, Direct Debit, Invoice)
Suppliers could also be categorised by:
Custom Field 1 – Supplier Resident Country (e.g. UK, EU, RoW)
Custom Field 2 – Department Responsible for the Purchase (e.g. Logistics, Factory, Sales, Admin)
Custom Field 3 – Type of Customer (e.g. Trade, Wholesale, Direct)
How to enter Customer Analysis Fields:
- Login to Sage and select "Customers" from the left-hand menu
- Select a customer and open the record by double-clicking and open the "Defaults" tab from the left-hand menu.
How to enter Supplier Analysis Fields:
- Login to Sage and select "Suppliers" from the left-hand menu
- Select a supplier and open the record by double-clicking and open the "Defaults" tab from the left-hand menu.
How-to insert custom fields into Sage 50 video:
Changing the names of your Customer/Supplier Analysis Fields:
To help with consistency, it is possible in Sage 50 to rename the title of your Customer/Supplier fields. Rather than it just being called Field 1,2 and 3, you can change the titles:
- Login to Sage and select "Settings" from the top bar and select "Configuration" and click "Yes" to close all other open windows
- In the "Configuration Editor" menu select the "Custom Fields" tab. On this tab you will find the areas for "Customer Record" and "Supplier Record"